Sunday 25 September 2005

T Minus Seven Days

Okay.

This blog will be..... my journey to losing 150lbs. That's a lot of weight. That's a whole person really. A whole overweight person.

I've done just about every diet the last half of my life (I'm 36 now). You name it. Been there, done that. I could pass a degree in nutrition.

But as I've said. I'm 36, the little beginning signs of wear are beginning to set in. The aching knees, the short breath, the slightly high blood pressure.

I graduated the University of Weightloss in that I recognise that DIETS DO NOT WORK. A healthy lifestyle does.

However, the diet I will be embarking on in 7 days time - Sunday 2 October 2005 has to be the one that works. It's a drastic diet. It's one with shakes and bars and soups. I know I have an eating disorder. I know what foods are good and which are bad for me. I just need good solid action now. ABSTINENCE.

I'm cynical by nature, so I've researched this diet, "Lighter Life" as much as I can. I've seen nobody slag it off or not be successful - except those who did not stick at it. Well, I will learn by their mistakes then.

I know this will be hard, particularly in the beginning, but I want to share it with anyone interested. If no-one's interested, that's fine, then it's a personal record for me. Something to keep me going when the times are difficult, and something to make me feel buoyant when things are going well.

I will be back to update after my first class on Saturday 1 October 2005. The 2 hour meetings are supposed to focus on why we have eating problems and how we, as individuals will deal with that, and to find and provide a support system for fellow members. A bit more about this next week....

This week I am clearing out the food that I won't be eating, the challenge being to leave stuff for my other half, who is not overweight (much). I'm saying goodbye to Krispy Kreme, lazy days, Ben and Jerry's, creme cheese, chocolate mousse by having a final fling with them all.

No comments: