Tuesday 10 January 2006

The Weight Goes On

Sigh. Well it's been a tough few weeks.

It all started with bloody Add A Meal and these pains (which I'll be talking to the GP about next Monday) when I do eat.....sometimes. Had it really bad over Christmas, but it seemed to clear up late on Boxing Day.

Of course, the day after I get a stomach bug, and NOTHING stays in my stomach long. I'll spare you the details but put it this way, the Cambridge Diet was off limits and so was even drinking water.

I suffered, but I lost something like 11lb.

Since then things have been bad! Theoretically it would have been a good time to get back on the wagon with this, but the GP said to have normal but bland food. When I finally realised I was okay, there was just too much temptation around. I mean, if you put a recovering alcoholic in the middle of a party where there's free booze, it's a tough challenge to stay sober. So goes it with the food addict. A recovering food addict should not, under any circumstances, ever go to Krispy Kreme doughnuts. SEVEN of them managed to find their way into my mouth. I was frenzied. Okay that's an exaggeration but did find it hard to stop.

I seem to have been on a very slippery slope since that happened on Saturday. Sunday and Monday have been spent trying to be good - but there were bix and chox in the staffroom at school today (normally I can ignore them) and then I really wanted a Snickers before being good tomorrow.

One day at a time at the moment then. I think that a few days of being as good as I was when I started should sort it.

Definitely changing C's as I've had so much trouble getting hold of anyone, it's ridiculous. My C is away until Feb, and the replacement never seems to return my calls and didn't even turn up today (I drove by after college and she was there then). Whatever. I've changed to fortnightly meetings instead of weekly so at least I only have to worry about it every two weeks.

According to her, it's 1lb on, but as it's the first time I've seen her since before Christmas, I've actually lost 11lb and put on 12lb!!!

So it's time to get back into it. I don't want to see any more 'ons'. I know this diet works, it's piss-easy, it's just the first few days that is hard. I need to get the same motivation I had 3 months ago when I started, 3stone ago.

Wish me luck...

No comments: