Tuesday 18 October 2005

Two Weeks In...

I lost another 4lb this week.

Which I'm not complaining about - I mean, 16lb in a fortnight is fantastic! But had I drunk my 4 litres every day, I reckon I could have dropped another 2lb on top of that. Oh well. I only have myself to blame!

I had a couple of days last week when I was out of the house, and although I took water with me I didn't drink enough of it. There was one day I didn't even drink 1 litre! I was on a night shoot; however I was really proud of myself that I didn't succumb to even a crumb of all the food that the caterers always put on. I notched up what I would have had if I wasn't abstaining, and....

3 Cadbury's mini-rolls
1pc fruit cake
2 small cups Diet Coke
1pc pizza (small)
some kind of veggie pasta
salad
fruit crumble (that looked really nice!)
a couple of bacon rolls

So whilst I didn't drink the water, I resisted temptation, and on the good side, I didn't have to queue for food - just took my thermal mug over to the coffee/tea table, filled up, stirred with a fork, and Bob's yer uncle!

A few people were interested in what I was doing, one of them kept trying to tell me that a portion of fruit crumble was not going to hurt - really trying to convince me! Sabotage is everywhere - however well meant!

Seriously though, I have to make a big effort with the water now - it isn't flushing out the ketones so that new ones can be "made" - hence less weight loss, but more importantly it can dry up the organs and be quite dangerous!

Last week the St Clement's water flavouring was really helping, but unfortunately, my counsellor and I suspect that I'm having a toiletry reaction to it, so I've got to stop using it. There's chance that I'm slightly lactose intolerant too, so I'm going to ask the doc if I can be tested for that, because otherwise the shakes are going to be a problem - boo!! But when I switch to Cambridge, they've got shakes for that, so if I get fed up with it I'll have those in stock.

Finally this week, a friend of my sister's started the same day as me but gave up after a couple of days and has given me the rest of her foodpacks - something like 14 of them. Which was very kind indeed, except I don't know what to do with them. I get 21 a week as part of my payment, I only need 21 a week, so I need to think. They're all soups, so I suppose at least I've got more choice and not regretting the fact that I only have shakes left by Thursday lunchtime (actually it's usually the other way round though....).

I thought about selling them on eBay, but apparently that is really frowned upon, I'm not sure whether to sell them back to the counsellor otherwise she'll ask questions..... hmm.... decisions....

No comments: